I know this will not surprise you; I adore cookbooks. I love buying them when we travel, I like getting them as gifts, I enjoy hearing about new ones and ordering them online, and I even take time to browse through used book stores to find yet another treasure.
I read most of my cookbooks from cover to cover as if I was reading a novel. I become submerged in the recipes and inspired to cook new things. The photographs not only make my mouth water but help me to style my food and take my photography to another level.
Here are just a few of my favorite cookbooks that I have read from cover to cover, have cooked some recipes, and used their food styling and photography tips.
1. Torro Bravo by John Gorham and Liz Crane
2. The Tuscan Sun Cookbook by Frances Hayes and Edward Mayes
3. The Free Range Cook: Simple Pleasures by Annabel Langbein
4. My Kitchen Year: 136 Recipes That Saved My Life by Ruth Reichl
5. The Food52 Cookbook: 140 Winning Recipes From Exceptional Home Cooks by Amanda Hesser
6. SALT FAT ACID HEAT by Samin Norsrat
I hope you find these cookbooks as inspiring as I do.